Havana, November 22 (RHC)-- Cuban Vice President Miguel Díaz-Canel met Monday in Havana with Yukiya Amano, Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), who is visiting Cuba.
Díaz-Canel and the distinguished visitor reviewed the state of bilateral relations and joint cooperation projects in sectors like human and animal health, agriculture and the environment.
On Monday, the director general of the IAEA, a Japanese national, visited the container terminal at the Special Development Zone of Mariel. Amano and his accompanying delegation also toured the Pedro Kourí Tropical Medicine Institute to learn about the use of nuclear energy in medicine and scientific research, particularly cancer.
During his stay, the general director of the International Atomic Energy Agency, is scheduled to hold talks with officials from the Cuban ministries of health, agriculture, foreign relations.
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 20
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 20
- RHC's national and international news stories August 20
- RHC's national and international news stories August 19
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 19
- RHC's national and international news stories August 17
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3443
- today: 3296
- online: 120
- total: 6267869