Camagüey, December 2 (Prensa Latina-RHC) -- The caravan carrying the ashes of the Cuban leader, Fidel Castro, left Camagüey at 07:00 for the country's eastern region, after an overnight stop.
Following, in reverse, the Caravan of Freedom route which Fidel took in 1959, its route will include the provinces of Las Tunas, Holguin and Granma before arriving in Santiago de Cuba.
The caravan will stop in Granma tonight, where the Cuban leader will be honored at the Ñico Lopez Park Museum, formerly the Carlos Manuel de Cespedes Garrison.
The city of Bayamo is waiting to pay tribute to their leader on the same date that Fidel and the other expeditionary forces landed on the Las Coloradas beach on board the Granma yacht in 1956.
At the end of the route will be the city of Santiago de Cuba, where a act of remembrance for the revolutionary leader will be held on Saturday;crowds are expected.
The ashes of the eternal Commander will be buried on December 4th, at the Santa Ifigenia cemetery in Santiago de Cuba, where the remains of Jose Marti are also buried.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4099
- today: 808
- online: 85
- total: 4486660