Santa Clara, January 16 (RHC)-- Several activities were held Sunday in central Villa Clara province on occasion of Cuban Science Day -- observed every January 15th. Celebrations also paid tribute to late revolutionary leader Fidel Castro, regarded as the main promoter of Cuban scientific development.
Activities included a panel discussion entitled: “Fidel, Our Greatest Scientist,” on the role played by the revolutionary leader in the creation of several scientific centers in Villa Clara and across the country, and his broad vision regarding the role of science in Cuba's development.
Keynote speakers included senior officials from the National Tropical Root Vegetable Research Institute (INIVIT), the Center for Bioactive Chemicals, the Institute of Plant Biotechnology and the Experimental Toxicology Unit -- all created at Fidel's initiative in Villa Clara province.
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3624
- today: 1114
- online: 122
- total: 5035009