Santa Clara, January 16 (RHC)-- Several activities were held Sunday in central Villa Clara province on occasion of Cuban Science Day -- observed every January 15th. Celebrations also paid tribute to late revolutionary leader Fidel Castro, regarded as the main promoter of Cuban scientific development.
Activities included a panel discussion entitled: “Fidel, Our Greatest Scientist,” on the role played by the revolutionary leader in the creation of several scientific centers in Villa Clara and across the country, and his broad vision regarding the role of science in Cuba's development.
Keynote speakers included senior officials from the National Tropical Root Vegetable Research Institute (INIVIT), the Center for Bioactive Chemicals, the Institute of Plant Biotechnology and the Experimental Toxicology Unit -- all created at Fidel's initiative in Villa Clara province.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4748
- today: 969
- online: 204
- total: 6766787