Santa Clara, January 16 (RHC)-- Several activities were held Sunday in central Villa Clara province on occasion of Cuban Science Day -- observed every January 15th. Celebrations also paid tribute to late revolutionary leader Fidel Castro, regarded as the main promoter of Cuban scientific development.
Activities included a panel discussion entitled: “Fidel, Our Greatest Scientist,” on the role played by the revolutionary leader in the creation of several scientific centers in Villa Clara and across the country, and his broad vision regarding the role of science in Cuba's development.
Keynote speakers included senior officials from the National Tropical Root Vegetable Research Institute (INIVIT), the Center for Bioactive Chemicals, the Institute of Plant Biotechnology and the Experimental Toxicology Unit -- all created at Fidel's initiative in Villa Clara province.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 3296
- online: 185
- total: 3856120