Havana, February 8 (RHC)-- Russia has donated over one million dollars in support of reconstruction in the Cuba's eastern provinces affected by Hurricane Matthew in October last year.
The Cuban embassy in Moscow said the Russian government has decided to cover the extraordinary quotas of the UN Development Program (UNDP) and the United Nations children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF).
Moscow will contribute one million dollars to the UNDP to clean up the affected areas and infrastructure restoration, while also contributing 500 thousand dollars to upgrade water supply and public hygiene systems.
Matthew, a category four hurricane, devastated the Easternmost Cuban region causing severe infrastructure and economic damages, specially in Guatánamo province.
The widely acknowledged efficiency of the coordinated work of Cuba's early-warning system against weather disasters, Civil Defense and government entities and institutions at all levels, contributed decisively to prevent the powerful storm from causing losses of human life.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 03, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 2, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing for June 30, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 30, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 29, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6007
- today: 3328
- online: 173
- total: 8263712