Havana, March 14 (RHC-PL) -- In the Cuban capital, community coordinators and promoters of environmental protection are organizing a festival to begin on March 24, devoted to the preservation of the Havana Bay.
For two days, the First Eastern Basin-Havana Bay Environmental Festival will be sessioning here, dedicated to the 500th anniversary of the founding of this city. Saint Francis Square, by the bay-side in Old Havana, will be the venue.
Promoting an environmental participatory culture in the population is one of the objectives of the event, according to a press release by the Havana Bay State Working Group, which is leading the project.
The Havana bay is considered a strategic ecosystem in the Caribbean.
- RHC's national and international news stories Feb.17
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's segment 'The Jazz Place'
- RHC's national and international news stories
- Former Cuban ambassador to Namibia says US trying to repeat in other nations what it's been doing against Cuba for so long
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6666
- today: 739
- online: 154
- total: 7304915