Havana, March 14 (RHC-PL) -- In the Cuban capital, community coordinators and promoters of environmental protection are organizing a festival to begin on March 24, devoted to the preservation of the Havana Bay.
For two days, the First Eastern Basin-Havana Bay Environmental Festival will be sessioning here, dedicated to the 500th anniversary of the founding of this city. Saint Francis Square, by the bay-side in Old Havana, will be the venue.
Promoting an environmental participatory culture in the population is one of the objectives of the event, according to a press release by the Havana Bay State Working Group, which is leading the project.
The Havana bay is considered a strategic ecosystem in the Caribbean.
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Fidel Castro’s concept of Revolution and Cuba's New Constitution
- Donald Trump renews national maritime emergency regarding Cuba
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Eight years of hell in Libya
- Cuba calls on the international community to prevent a military intervention against Venezuela
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3857
- today: 595
- online: 117
- total: 5668845