Havana, March 14 (RHC-PL) -- In the Cuban capital, community coordinators and promoters of environmental protection are organizing a festival to begin on March 24, devoted to the preservation of the Havana Bay.
For two days, the First Eastern Basin-Havana Bay Environmental Festival will be sessioning here, dedicated to the 500th anniversary of the founding of this city. Saint Francis Square, by the bay-side in Old Havana, will be the venue.
Promoting an environmental participatory culture in the population is one of the objectives of the event, according to a press release by the Havana Bay State Working Group, which is leading the project.
The Havana bay is considered a strategic ecosystem in the Caribbean.
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Senator Leahy urges U.S. government to fully restaff Embassy in Havana
- Brazil: fighting fire with fire?
- The nuclear phantom flies again
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4641
- today: 4330
- online: 119
- total: 4365812