Havana, March 14 (RHC-PL) -- In the Cuban capital, community coordinators and promoters of environmental protection are organizing a festival to begin on March 24, devoted to the preservation of the Havana Bay.
For two days, the First Eastern Basin-Havana Bay Environmental Festival will be sessioning here, dedicated to the 500th anniversary of the founding of this city. Saint Francis Square, by the bay-side in Old Havana, will be the venue.
Promoting an environmental participatory culture in the population is one of the objectives of the event, according to a press release by the Havana Bay State Working Group, which is leading the project.
The Havana bay is considered a strategic ecosystem in the Caribbean.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2951
- today: 1549
- online: 163
- total: 6062627