Havana, March 14 (RHC-PL) -- In the Cuban capital, community coordinators and promoters of environmental protection are organizing a festival to begin on March 24, devoted to the preservation of the Havana Bay.
For two days, the First Eastern Basin-Havana Bay Environmental Festival will be sessioning here, dedicated to the 500th anniversary of the founding of this city. Saint Francis Square, by the bay-side in Old Havana, will be the venue.
Promoting an environmental participatory culture in the population is one of the objectives of the event, according to a press release by the Havana Bay State Working Group, which is leading the project.
The Havana bay is considered a strategic ecosystem in the Caribbean.
- RHC's Arts Roundup (March 22, 2017)
- Cuba and Czech Republic Sign Cooperation Agreement in Agricultural Sector
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Leaders Express Solidarity with Peru
- President Raúl Castro Expresses Solidarity with Peru in Wake of Natural Disaster
- RHC's Arts Roundup (March 17, 2017)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4991
- today: 3102
- online: 221
- total: 2914634