Havana, March 14 (RHC-PL) -- In the Cuban capital, community coordinators and promoters of environmental protection are organizing a festival to begin on March 24, devoted to the preservation of the Havana Bay.
For two days, the First Eastern Basin-Havana Bay Environmental Festival will be sessioning here, dedicated to the 500th anniversary of the founding of this city. Saint Francis Square, by the bay-side in Old Havana, will be the venue.
Promoting an environmental participatory culture in the population is one of the objectives of the event, according to a press release by the Havana Bay State Working Group, which is leading the project.
The Havana bay is considered a strategic ecosystem in the Caribbean.
- RHC's Arts Roundup (June 27, 2017)
- Gloria la Riva: "No Matter How Hard He Tries, It Will Be Difficult for Trump to Reverse Relations between the Cuban and American Peoples"
- Bolivia to Strengthen Economic, Political Relations with Cuba
- Colombia: A Call to Build Up Peace
- RHC's Arts Roundup (June 26, 2017)
- Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez on President Trump's Anti-Cuba Rhetoric
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4059
- today: 1357
- online: 132
- total: 3336723