Havana, May 19 (RHC/ACN)-- Cuban President Raul Castro has sent a message to Puerto Rican freedom fighter Oscar Lopez Rivera congratulating him on his release from U.S. jails after spending over 36 years imprisoned there.
In his message, Raul conveyed congratulations to Lopez Rivera on behalf of Cuba and the Cuban people, who he said shared in the happiness of his release.
The Cuban president wrote that history will not forget Lopez Rivera's strength and loyalty to the cause of an independent Puerto Rico, qualities that he described as essential for our Americas.
Raul Castro told Oscar Lopez Rivera that Cubans will welcome him when he decides to visit, and that he will be received with the honors and the love he deserves.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3864
- today: 3312
- online: 85
- total: 4381298