Moa, February 7 (RHC) -- The Vice President of the Councils of State and Ministers, Ramiro Valdes Menendez, inaugurated on Thursday the first generator of the new diesel electrical plant in the municipality of Moa, located in the province of Holguin.
According to an article in this morning's daily newspaper Granma, Valdez toured the diesel plant to review the ongoing construction works, which include ten generators, an oleoduct and an electrical substation.
The Diesel Power Plant of Moa should be fully completed by the end of this year and will have a generating capacity of 184 megawatts per hour. The Cuban senior official and his accompanying delegation also toured a new housing development built in Moa for people left homeless by recent storms.
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- U.S. medical student says coming back to study in Cuba allowed him to reconnect with his roots
- Migration and defense: main points in European elections
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2560
- today: 1631
- online: 108
- total: 5936454