Hanoi, October 3 (RHC-PL)-- Vietnam and Cuba have signed in Hanoi the protocol of the 35th Session of the Intergovernmental Commission between the two nations, regarding cooperation issues for 2017-2018.
The document was signed by Cuban Minister of Foreign Trade and Investment Rodrigo Malmierca and the head of Vietnam Construction, Pham Hong Ha.
The two Co-Chairs of the Intergovernmental Commission acknowledged the work of the experts from both countries and agreed that bilateral ties are at an excellent level.
Malmierca and Hong Ha also agreed on the need to further strengthen economic and cooperation ties to bring them to the level of the exceptional political relations existing between the two countries.
Later, Vietnam's Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc welcomed the Cuban minister, the island's ambassador to the island, Lianys Torres, and several members of the delegations of Cuba and Vietnam to the sessions of the Intergovernmental Commission.
Phuc said that he was aware of the work of the 35th Session of the Intergovernmental Commission and noted that this will contribute to strengthening bilateral ties in all areas.
Malmierca thanked Phuc for the solidarity messages sent by Vietnamese leaders to the government and people of Cuba following the damage caused by Hurricane Irma on the island, as well as material aid sent by various companies and institutions of the Indochinese nation.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4714
- today: 950
- online: 193
- total: 6739897