Havana, October 5 (RHC)-- Cubans will pay tribute to the victims of the mid-air sabotage bombing of a Cuban passenger plane off the coasts to Barbados on October 6th, 1976.
The planned activities include the already traditional pilgrimage to Cristobal Colon Cemetery here in Havana.
The terrorist attack claimed that lives of all 73 people aboard, among them 24 members of the Cuban national fencing team, who were returning home from Caracas, Venezuela, where they have just won in the 4th Central American and Caribbean Fencing Championship.
Other planned activities to mark the 41st anniversary of the abominable act include rallies across the country and meetings with families of the victims.
The terrorist plot was orchestrated by two notorious international terrorists of Cuban origin Luis Posada Carriles and Orlando Bosch Ávila.
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3823
- today: 1206
- online: 112
- total: 6142357