Havana, October 5 (RHC)-- Cubans will pay tribute to the victims of the mid-air sabotage bombing of a Cuban passenger plane off the coasts to Barbados on October 6th, 1976.
The planned activities include the already traditional pilgrimage to Cristobal Colon Cemetery here in Havana.
The terrorist attack claimed that lives of all 73 people aboard, among them 24 members of the Cuban national fencing team, who were returning home from Caracas, Venezuela, where they have just won in the 4th Central American and Caribbean Fencing Championship.
Other planned activities to mark the 41st anniversary of the abominable act include rallies across the country and meetings with families of the victims.
The terrorist plot was orchestrated by two notorious international terrorists of Cuban origin Luis Posada Carriles and Orlando Bosch Ávila.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3948
- today: 1246
- online: 93
- total: 4831980