Havana. October 6 (RHC)-- The mid-air sabotage bombing of a Cuban passenger plane off the coast of Barbados on October 6, 1976, was supposed to take place on June 21st that year, and U.S. authorities were well informed about that terrorist plot, according to the daily newspaper Granma.
The revelation was made on the occasion of the 41st anniversary of that despicable terrorist act that claimed the lives of 73 people, among them 57 Cubans.
The article by researcher Jose Luis Mendez, cites a declassified confidential report which states that Orlando Bosch had plans to place two bombs aboard the Cubana Flight 467 flying between Panama and Havana on June 21, 1976.
According to the newspaper, “copies of the document were sent to the State Department, the Army, the Air Force, as well as the FBI and the CIA, but the Cuban government never received an early warning of such plan.”
Cubans are paying tribute to the victims of the terrorist attack island-wide. The activities include the traditional pilgrimage to Cristobal Colon Cemetery in Havana, rallies across the country and meetings with families of the victims.
The Barbados bombing was orchestrated by international terrorists of Cuban origin Luis Posada Carriles and Orlando Bosch.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 03, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 01, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 31, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6843
- today: 6560
- online: 221
- total: 8078462