Havana, February 13 (RHC)-- A recent visit by Cuban officials to the facilities of the Japanese Terumo Medical Pranex company, a leader in medical equipment, ratified the interest of Cuba and Japan in further strengthening ties in the areas of medical services and technology.
Japanese company executives, who received Cuban ambassador to Tokyo Marcos Rodriguez, said that there are opportunities to expand bilateral cooperation, and the two parties can implement joint projects in the area of advanced medical technologies for the Latin American market.
During a tour of the Japanese company, the Cuban ambassador acknowledged the development of the Asian nation after the 1960s when the firm Terumo Medical Pranex became well-known for its manufacturing of precise mercury thermometers. He explained for his hosts the current update of the Cuban economic model and particularly the setting up of the special development zone in Mariel harbor.
The visit by the ambassador, according to the Cuban Chamber of Commerce, is part of a bilateral strategy to develop economic relations in the area of technology.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 01, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 31, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 31 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 30 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 29 , 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6758
- today: 1200
- online: 232
- total: 8066259