Former Puerto Rican Political Prisoner Oscar Lopez Rivera to Receive Solidarity Order in Havana Next Week
Oscar Lopez Rivera
Havana, November 10 (RHC/acn)-- Puerto Rican independence activist Oscar Lopez Rivera will be decorated with the Cuban Solidarity Award during a visit to Havana next week.
Lopez Rivera served a long and unjust prison sentence of nearly 36 years in the United States. He is expected to arrive in Cuba on Sunday.
The Puerto Rican independentista will receive the Solidarity Award, granted by the Cuban Council of State, during an official ceremony to be held at Havana's Jose Marti Memorial, located at Revolution Square.
Hosted by the Cuban Friendship Institute, Lopez Rivera's agenda in Havana includes a meeting with University of Havana students and visits to Villa Clara and Santiago de Cuba provinces.
- Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel receives WHO and PAHO directors
- U.S. activist: Unity, the most important five-letter word in the Cuban Revolution
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- WHO director-general: Cuba is an example for many countries
- Evo Morales ratifies Bolivia's support for Cuba
- Bolivian president Evo Morales begins official visit
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4121
- today: 915
- online: 96
- total: 4609841