Havana, November 21 (RHC-Minrex)-- The government of the Russian Federation has presented a donation to the people of Cuba, severely affected in September by Hurricane Irma, to help in the recovery of areas most affected by the powerful storm.
The delivery ceremony of the humanitarian aid took place in the Container Terminal of the Mariel Special Development Zone, where the shipment of more than 282 tons arrived.
Alina Vorobievskaya, head of the Department of Humanitarian Response in the Russian Ministry for Civil Defense, Emergencies and Elimination of the Consequences of Natural Disasters (Emercon), highlighted the friendly relationship between the two countries.
According to the official, included in the donation are items necessary to alleviate the devastation left by the hurricane, such as construction materials, food products and spare parts for the restoration of electrical stations.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3453
- today: 1204
- online: 99
- total: 4947501