Havana, November 30 (RHC)-- Cuba has welcome the record number of 4.2 million foreign visitors by late November and authorities predict the figure will increase to 4.7 by year end.
President of the travel agency Viajes Cuba José Manuel Bisbé said that last year more than 240 000 travelers visited Cuba from the United States, despite tightened restrictions imposed by the Trump Administration.
Addressing representatives of some of the world's leading cruise liners, Bisbé said the country's best attributes are its extensive historical and cultural offerings and the traditional hospitality of its inhabitants, in a safe and healthy environment.
He further noted that there are currently 68,000 hotel rooms across the country, while 69 percent of hotels are rated 4 or 5 stars. He said: “We are currently evaluating more than 140 investment projects in the sector.”
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11521
- today: 7495
- online: 224
- total: 7037866