Havana, November 30 (RHC)-- Cuba has welcome the record number of 4.2 million foreign visitors by late November and authorities predict the figure will increase to 4.7 by year end.
President of the travel agency Viajes Cuba José Manuel Bisbé said that last year more than 240 000 travelers visited Cuba from the United States, despite tightened restrictions imposed by the Trump Administration.
Addressing representatives of some of the world's leading cruise liners, Bisbé said the country's best attributes are its extensive historical and cultural offerings and the traditional hospitality of its inhabitants, in a safe and healthy environment.
He further noted that there are currently 68,000 hotel rooms across the country, while 69 percent of hotels are rated 4 or 5 stars. He said: “We are currently evaluating more than 140 investment projects in the sector.”
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3743
- today: 800
- online: 113
- total: 6065621