Havana, November 30 (RHC)-- Cuba has welcome the record number of 4.2 million foreign visitors by late November and authorities predict the figure will increase to 4.7 by year end.
President of the travel agency Viajes Cuba José Manuel Bisbé said that last year more than 240 000 travelers visited Cuba from the United States, despite tightened restrictions imposed by the Trump Administration.
Addressing representatives of some of the world's leading cruise liners, Bisbé said the country's best attributes are its extensive historical and cultural offerings and the traditional hospitality of its inhabitants, in a safe and healthy environment.
He further noted that there are currently 68,000 hotel rooms across the country, while 69 percent of hotels are rated 4 or 5 stars. He said: “We are currently evaluating more than 140 investment projects in the sector.”
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4950
- today: 4936
- online: 180
- total: 6665753