Paris, December 20 (RHC-PL)-- Dulce Buergo, Cuban ambassador at UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, has reaffirmed the country's commitment to the promotion and protection of culture in its most diverse expressions.
According to a statement issued in Paris, the diplomat stressed that this is a priority issue in Cuba even before its incorporation into the Cultural Diversity Convention, as that objective is part of the cultural policy that has been promoted by the Cuban Revolution since 1959.
During the 11th meeting of the Intergovernmental Committee on Cultural Diversity, recently held at UNESCO headquarters, the Cuban ambassador also referred to the role of culture in updating the island's economic and social model.
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3730
- today: 657
- online: 94
- total: 6045219