Havana, March 2 (RHC)-- The U.S.'s Cuba Travel Services Company will be the first U.S. agency of its kind to open offices in Cuba.
According to the announcement by the company, a charter and tour operator leader, Cuba Travel Services will open its office in Havana on March 31st. The company currently maintains offices in California, Florida, New Jersey and Texas.
The announcement is regarded as significant, given that Cuba Travel Services is the first US travel company to have been granted permit to operate in Cuba over the past nearly 60 years.
Cuba Travel Services will open its office in the building known as Lonja del Comercio in Old Havana, just across from the Sierra Maestra cruise terminal.
The agency also plans to open other locations in Havana, eastern Camaguey and Santiago de Cuba, and in central Cienfuegos province, as well as in the Varadero tourist resort.
"This is a very exciting time for us, to be the first U.S. based Travel Company to open its doors in Havana. We are confident our existing market expertise and knowledge combined with local representation will result in an improved customer experience," said Michael Zuccato, General Manager at Cuba Travel Services.
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Cuba presents business opportunities in oil and energy sector
- Fidel: The Caribbean is an example of how peoples and governments can work together united by culture, history and common interests
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Ireland, a stone in the brexit shoe
- Havana hosts conference on climate change vulnerability and resilience in the Caribbean
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3208
- today: 1933
- online: 165
- total: 5429352