International tourists in Old Havana
Havana, May 22 (RHC)— Cuba´s Tourism Ministry says two million international visitors have visited the island so far in 2018.
In a press release, the ministry said that the figure achieved demonstrates the confidence and recognition of tour operators, travel agencies, airlines and tourists from all over the world of the Cuban tourist product and the safety they find on the island.
The ministry highlighted that this result was achieved despite the impact left last year by Hurricane Irma and the reinforcement of the U.S. government's blockade, as well as the slander campaigns and measures aimed at hindering the trips of US citizens to the island.
The main countries of origin of tourists travelling to Cuba still are Canada and European countries, however, the Tourism ministry noted that there is a notable growth of visitors coming from Russia, Mexico, Argentina, China and Brazil.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4683
- today: 4632
- online: 175
- total: 6650673