International tourists in Old Havana
Havana, May 22 (RHC)— Cuba´s Tourism Ministry says two million international visitors have visited the island so far in 2018.
In a press release, the ministry said that the figure achieved demonstrates the confidence and recognition of tour operators, travel agencies, airlines and tourists from all over the world of the Cuban tourist product and the safety they find on the island.
The ministry highlighted that this result was achieved despite the impact left last year by Hurricane Irma and the reinforcement of the U.S. government's blockade, as well as the slander campaigns and measures aimed at hindering the trips of US citizens to the island.
The main countries of origin of tourists travelling to Cuba still are Canada and European countries, however, the Tourism ministry noted that there is a notable growth of visitors coming from Russia, Mexico, Argentina, China and Brazil.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 03, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 2, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing for June 30, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 30, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 29, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6007
- today: 484
- online: 168
- total: 8260868