Caracas, March 5 (RHC)-- Cuban President Raul Castro paid tribute to Bolivarian leader Hugo Chavez on Wednesday at Caracas' Cuartel de la Montaña garrison, which treasures the mortal remains of the Venezuelan leader. Today, March 5th, marks the first anniversary of his death.
Raul Castro laid a white rose over the coffin and attended a changing of the guard solemn ceremony at the place, according to the Prensa Latina news agency.
The Cuban head of state arrived Wednesday morning at the Maiquetia International Airport where he was welcomed by Venezuelan Vice President Hebert Garcia, who is also Minister of Maritime and Air Transportation.
The agenda for the tribute to the Venezuelan leader included a civic and military parade along a major thoroughfare in Caracas. The parade was attended by thousands of Venezuelans and many foreign guests who are paying homage to the Bolivarian leader.
On March 5, 2013, at 16:25 local Caracas time, then Vice President Nicolas Maduro announced the passing of Hugo Chavez at the local Military Hospital
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3520
- today: 1666
- online: 138
- total: 5645813