Dr. Carlos Alberto Martinez Blanco, director of General Calixto Garcia Hospital.
Havana, June 27 (RHC)-- After 38 days at the intensive care unit of the Calixto García University Hospital in Havana, the lone survivor of the May 18th plane crash is recovering the balance of her vital systems.
Mailén Díaz Almaguer was a passenger on the Boeing 737 that crashed shortly after taking off from the José Martí International Airport with 113 people on board.
According to Dr. Carlos Alberto Martinez Blanco, director of the medical center, Mailen's response is positive and she is breathing on her own. He added that the patient is recovering from traumatic injuries and her infection is under control. The sole survivor of the tragic air accident is conscious and interacting with hospital staff and relatives and is eating by herself.
Notwithstanding all these improvements, Doctor Martinez cautioned that there are still risks of complications, and that the patient is still considered to be in critical condition.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 07, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 6, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 06, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 05, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 4, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 04, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5999
- today: 5161
- online: 175
- total: 8281991