Havana, August 13 (RHC)-- Cubans pay tribute this Monday to Fidel Castro on the occasion of the 92nd anniversary of the birth of the historic leader of the Revolution.
The date gains added significance as Cubans across the island get ready for the beginning of popular discussion around a proposed new constitution that incorporates, according to its preamble, the political thought of Fidel Castro.
In Venezuela on Monday, the tribute to Fidel included a cultural gala at Casa Nuestra América, in Caracas, and an international colloquium on his contributions and that of Commander Hugo Chávez to unity and independence in Latin America and the Caribbean.
In Costa Rica, the work and thought of the Cuban revolutionary leader was evoked with poems, songs and speeches by representatives of political movements and social groups, who extolled the moral stature of Fidel Castro.
In his social network account, Bolivian President Evo Morales highlighted the courage and spirit of solidarity shown by Fidel Castro through the years. Fidel brought back dignity to the Cuban people, wrote Morales, adding: Fidel defeated imperialism; Fidel showed the world the true meaning of solidarity.
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- U.S. medical student says coming back to study in Cuba allowed him to reconnect with his roots
- Migration and defense: main points in European elections
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2560
- today: 2264
- online: 135
- total: 5937087