Havana, August 13 (RHC)-- Cubans pay tribute this Monday to Fidel Castro on the occasion of the 92nd anniversary of the birth of the historic leader of the Revolution.
The date gains added significance as Cubans across the island get ready for the beginning of popular discussion around a proposed new constitution that incorporates, according to its preamble, the political thought of Fidel Castro.
In Venezuela on Monday, the tribute to Fidel included a cultural gala at Casa Nuestra América, in Caracas, and an international colloquium on his contributions and that of Commander Hugo Chávez to unity and independence in Latin America and the Caribbean.
In Costa Rica, the work and thought of the Cuban revolutionary leader was evoked with poems, songs and speeches by representatives of political movements and social groups, who extolled the moral stature of Fidel Castro.
In his social network account, Bolivian President Evo Morales highlighted the courage and spirit of solidarity shown by Fidel Castro through the years. Fidel brought back dignity to the Cuban people, wrote Morales, adding: Fidel defeated imperialism; Fidel showed the world the true meaning of solidarity.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5771
- today: 1810
- online: 127
- total: 6619907