Havana, March 10 (RHC)-- The Ernest Hemingway International Marlin Fishing Tournament runs from June 9th to the 14th in Havana.
Created in the early 1950s by the U.S. Nobel Literature Laureate, the tournament is one of the oldest of its kind in the world and outlines the attractions of Cuba as a destination for such recreational sports in the Caribbean area.
The event will be hosted by the Ernest Hemingway Marina under the tag and release modality to contribute to the preservation of marine species, as announced by the Cuban Tourism Ministry and the Marlin Marinas and Nautical Facilities Enteprise.
The competition also includes satellite marking of the fish, as well as a photo and circular hooks as part of regulations established for this kind of competition.
The announcement specifies that those interested in participating must make their reservations at least 30 days in advance to the start of the event; they can even come on their boats with an up-to-four member crew or rent boats in Cuba. Those who come in their own boats will not have to bring an entry visa, since they can apply for them at the local Marina in Havana.
As part of actions to diversify tourist modalities in Cuba, the local Tourism Ministry adopted a series of modifications aimed at improving boat-dispatch regulations and with it reinforce the competitiveness of Cuban marinas.
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3624
- today: 2043
- online: 132
- total: 5035938