Constitutional debates in Cuba enter eighth week
Havana, October 1 (RHC)-- The second stage of the popular consultation process on the new Cuban constitution began this Monday, after seven weeks of nationwide debates across the island in neighborhoods, workplaces, schools and government institutions.
Key issues raised by citizens have been the opportunity for Cubans to invest in the country and the sustainable use of resources for the island's long-term development.
The consultation process began last August 13th and will continue through November 15th. Cubans residing abroad also have the opportunity to participate, with those living in 104 countries having made 2,000 proposals to date.
The results of all debates will be reviewed by the commission tasked with drawing up the draft constitution, which will make any necessary modifications before the final document is put to a referendum in February next year.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 01, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 31, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 31 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 30 , 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6843
- today: 377
- online: 204
- total: 8072279