Cubans march in honor of medical students killed on November 27, 1871 -- 147 years ago. Photo: Cuba Debate
Havana, November 28 (RHC)-- Thousands of Cuban youth marched to La Punta on the Malecon in Old Havana on Tuesday to remember the brutal murder of Cuban medical students by Spanish colonial authorities in 1871.
During the ceremony, participants in the march -- which included students from the University of Medical Sciences of Havana -- reiterated their unwavering commitment to the Cuban Revolution and to upholding the principles of freedom and social justice.
Meanwhile, Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel posted a message on his Twitter account recalling the brutal and unjust murder of eight Cuban medical students 147 years ago by Spanish authorities.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 28
- Yusuam Palacios: we must continue learning from José Martí to confront and overcome the problems humanity faces today
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #62
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 27
- 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz: Ksenia Olkhova, a survivor of the Nazis concentration camp, shares her story
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11638
- today: 10716
- online: 265
- total: 7115067