Havana, March 6 (RHC) – Cuban President, Miguel Díaz-Canel, stated that the application of Title III of the Helms Burton Act is an affront to the dignity and sovereignty of the Cuban people.
In a tweet the Cuban Head of State noted that the law is an example of the annexationist and colonial ambitions of the United States, which has been attempting to change the country's political and economic system for almost 60 years.
Diaz-Canel went on to demand and end to U.S. hostility against the island, describing the Helms Burton Act as absurd and illegal.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4701
- today: 4611
- online: 138
- total: 6616937