Havana, September 17 (RHC)-- More than half a million Cubans have signed the No More Trump global campaign in rejection of the coercive measures imposed by the U.S. government and as a sign of solidarity with the sister Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
The signatures, officially handed over to Venezuela´s Ambassador to Cuba, Adan Chavez on Tuesday, were collected in the western provinces of Pinar del Río, Artemisa, La Habana, Mayabeque and Matanzas.
Ismael Drullet, member of the secretariat of the Cuban Workers Federation said during the ceremony that the signatures represent the wholehearted support of Cubans to the South American nation.
The signatures are added to those of millions of people who have already demonstrated their desire, before the United Nations, to live in peace and according to the principles that they themselves decide, he said.
Ambassador Adan Chavez thanked the Cuban people for the solidarity and sisterhood that both nations have woven in the last 20 years.
He recalled that the No More Trump Campaign, just in Venezuela alone, has already gathered nearly 13 million signatures.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4355
- today: 624
- online: 126
- total: 6632371