Havana, July 4 (RHC) -– The Communist Party’s Central Committee held its 8th Plenary Session on Thursday, headed by its First Secretary and Cuban President Raul Castro. The meeting analyzed a report on the performance of the Political Bureau in the first half of 2014.
The report, which was presented by the Second Secretary of the Cuban Communist Party, Jose Ramon Machado Ventura, explains that the Political Bureau continued to control the implementation of accords adopted by the 6th Congress of the Party. Through different commissions, the Bureau makes weekly follow-ups and analysis of policies and other issues related to the implementation of the social and economic guidelines adopted by the political organization.
Central Committee members also learned about the implementation of the economic plan and budget for the first half of the year, and approved the report on the implementation of the guidelines from January to June 2014, which will be submitted to the Cuban Parliament on Saturday.
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 17
- Havana to host Anti-imperialist Meeting of Solidarity, for Democracy and against Neoliberalism
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- A pause in the fight over BREXIT
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 16
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3981
- today: 1905
- online: 154
- total: 6373948