Havana, August 5 (RHC) -- Coming to Cuba shows the world that millions of people support its social process, said Mexican Maria Teresa Lopez, a member of the Latin American and Caribbean Brigade of voluntary work and solidarity with the island.
Lopez, a retired teacher, told ACN upon her arrival in Ciego de Avila that she has come in 19 of the brigade’s 21 trips to the island, because the hospitality, happiness and friendship of Cubans deny the negative myths of campaigns by the mainstream media.
Being here once again ratifies and strengthens the cultural and fraternal relations that for a long time have existed between our two nations, pointed out Lopez, a founder for more than four decades of the Jose Marti Mexican-Cuban Institute.
On this occasion, the 122 brigadistas of 12 countries, among them Mexico, Martinique, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Haiti, Costa Rica and the Dominican Republic, will have contacts with local history by way of a tour of institutions of high heritage value.
Yohanka Rodriguez, representative in the province of the Cuban Institute for Friendship with the People, ICAP, reported that the brigadistas will also hold exchanges with local residents and carry out voluntary work in agriculture.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 01, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 31, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 31 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 30 , 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6758
- today: 6206
- online: 198
- total: 8071265