Lima, August 19 (RHC) -— The Second Annual Meeting of the Houses of Peru-Cuba Friendship called to investigate covert actions of the U.S. agency USAID against the Caribbean nation.
The meeting declared that the Peruvian government should investigate these actions, revealed by a U.S. news agency, which consisted of recruiting and sending young Peruvians on subversive missions to Cuba.
The statement calls for the expulsion of USAID, which has been expelled from countries like Bolivia and Ecuador for its interventionist activities, which violate the Peruvian Constitution and sovereignty, and infringe on self-determination.
It also calls on Peru's Minister of Education, Jaime Saavedra, to immediately fire his advisor, Felipe Valencia Dongo, who was one of the young people that was recruited and traveled to the island in a failed subversive mission.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3400
- today: 1644
- online: 121
- total: 4929347