San José, November 17 (RHC-InsideCostaRica.com) -- The first direct flight in six years by Cubana Airlines to Costa Rica landed at the Juan Santamaria International Airport Sunday morning.
Beginning yesterday, the airline now offers direct flights between San Jose and Havana on Thursdays and Sundays. The route will be flown by an Antonov 158 aircraft, with a capacity for 85 passengers. Cubana has not flown the route since 2008.
Representatives of the Costa Rican Tourism Institute (ICT) greeted the aircraft and crew upon arrival on Sunday.
Cubana Airlines general manager, Daniel Mendez, told reporters that the route with strengthen and enhance tourism between both of the countries.
The route will also facilitate the travel of Russian tourists to Costa Rica, with Cuba serving as a layover for Russian travelers.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 3093
- online: 123
- total: 4841537