Pinar del Rio, January 15 (RHC-PL) -- The Scientific-Technological Base Unit Los Palacios, in Pinar del Rio province, stands out today for its contribution to rice production in Cuba with the varieties Inca LP5 and Inca LP7, very accepted by domestic farmers.
Founded in 1973 with the objective of contributing to agricultural development in this western Cuban territory, the institution provides more than one dozen varieties that stand out for their yield, industrial quality, tolerance to fungal diseases, mites and resistant to salinity, as the LP7 case is.
Scientist Alexander Miranda Caballero, director of the center attached to the National Institute of Agricultural Sciences, explained that current researches are also aimed at developing productions of sorghum, beans, soybeans and chickpeas, joining the diet of humans and animals.
The unit features a garden of varieties of rice and beans that enable stakeholders to check in situ the goodness of each crop.
Stressed by the advice to producers, the Scientific-Technological Base Unit Los Palacios advises the ago-industrial and beans company of that locality, considered among the most important ones in the country, and for producers and researchers.
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Widespread International Rejection of Donald Trump's Decision on Jerusalem
- ALBA-TCP General Secretary Highlights in Havana Importance of Unity among Latin American Peoples
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part III)
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part II)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 2416
- online: 247
- total: 4098371