Havana, January 15 (RHC) -– Cuban doctor Felix Baez, who overcame the Ebola virus which he contracted in Sierra Leone, has returned to that Western African nation to continue fighting the disease alongside other doctors with the Henry Reeve international medical brigade.
Cubadebate website published a series of photos of the doctor along with his comrades in Sierra Leone announcing his return.
An internal medicine specialist, Baez announced in December 2014 that he would return to the African nation to finish the job he started, once he fully recovered from the disease. The 43-year-old doctor returned to Cuba after having been released from the Geneva-based Cantonal University Hospital, where he received treatment against Ebola.
In response to the World Health Organization's call to fight Ebola in Africa, Cuba sent three brigades to Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea to fight the virus.
According to the World Health Organization, over 8,800 people have died from the Ebola virus in Africa.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3914
- today: 2976
- online: 197
- total: 4107086