Havana, February 9 (RHC) -– Cuban anti-terrorist fighter Antonio Guerrero has called for the continuation of the struggle for peace and love in order to wipe out hatred in the world.
During a worship service organized by the Cuban Council of Churches, Guerrero thanked the religious community for their support -– “full of faith and hope” -- during their incarceration in the United States.
The service was attended by representatives of different religions and congregations, gathered in the Cuban Inter-religious Platform, who worked for family reunification of the Cuban Five with their loved ones.
Antonio Guerrero returned to Cuba on December 17th along Gerardo Herandez and Ramon Labanino. The three -- along with Rene Gonzalez and Fernando Gonzalez who had previously returned to Cuba -- were given unfair prison sentences in U.S. jails after they infiltrated Florida-based organizations that planned terrorist actions against Cuba.
The president of the Cuban Council of Churches, the Reverend Joel Ortega, thanked people of faith from other countries for their efforts to bring the five men home.
“We are living in a world which is threatened by violent practices that endanger nature, culture, peace, justice and the human species. So, we are here to confirm our commitment to build a better future, not for a few of us, but for all of us, said Reverend Ortega during the worship service.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 368
- online: 101
- total: 5956984