Havana, March 23 (RHC) -— Cuba has already been visited by one million foreign vacationers this year, which is considered a record figure at the Caribbean destination, according to the Cuban Tourism Ministry.
The figure was reported on Saturday, eleven days before similar number of tourists was announced in 2014, and this stands for a 14-percent increase in arrivals for the first quarter of the year, the Ministry noted.
Major tourist sources are Canada, Germany, France, the U.K., and Italy.
Having reached that figure as early as March ratifies the preference of tourists for the Caribbean island as their favorite holiday destination and this turns into increasing challenge for the workers in the tourist sector, the Ministry notes.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 1480
- online: 130
- total: 5958096