Havana, April 6 (RHC)-- More than eight million Cubans will exercise their right to vote during the upcoming midterm elections. Of that figure, 63,400 will do so for the very first time.
Midterm elections will take place all across Cuba on April 19th, when voters will elect delegates to the municipal assemblies of People's Power.
Photographs and biographies of the 27,379 nominees have already been posted in public spaces in their respective communities, allowing every individual with the right to vote to decide freely who to vote for, based on the candidates’ merits and their ability to best represent the interests of their fellow neighbors.
Election campaigns do not take place in Cuba, as it is the people who propose candidates, Alina Balseiro, president of the National Electoral Commission (CEN), has emphasized on various occasions.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Donald Trump's Controversial Fiscal Reform
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4477
- today: 2622
- online: 184
- total: 4089822