Havana, April 6 (RHC)-- More than eight million Cubans will exercise their right to vote during the upcoming midterm elections. Of that figure, 63,400 will do so for the very first time.
Midterm elections will take place all across Cuba on April 19th, when voters will elect delegates to the municipal assemblies of People's Power.
Photographs and biographies of the 27,379 nominees have already been posted in public spaces in their respective communities, allowing every individual with the right to vote to decide freely who to vote for, based on the candidates’ merits and their ability to best represent the interests of their fellow neighbors.
Election campaigns do not take place in Cuba, as it is the people who propose candidates, Alina Balseiro, president of the National Electoral Commission (CEN), has emphasized on various occasions.
- Process of constitutional debates continues throughout Cuba
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. Scholar: Washington's policy towards Cuba throughout history has been a mistake
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Bolivia awaits for the sea
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel highlights broad public debates nationwide on draft of Cuban Constitution
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3039
- today: 2104
- online: 108
- total: 5148139