Holguin, May 28 (RHC)-- Two of the five Cuban anti-terrorists who served unfair prison terms in US jails, toured places of historical and social interest in the western province of Holguin.
During a meeting with local journalists and intellectuals, the two Cuban anti-terrorists Ramón Labañino and René González spoke about their experiences while in US prison.
Ramón Labañino voiced his satisfaction with being in Holguin, his home town, and described as a dream come true his meeting with Nancy Pavón, a victim of the terrorist action perpetrated by Miami-based anti-Cuba extremists on October 11th, 1971 against the fishing town of Boca de Samá.
René González again took the opportunity to thank Holguin residents and the entire Cuban people for embracing the Cuban Five's cause and never quitting the fight for their release.
In Holguin, the two Cuban anti-terrorists visited the house where Fidel and Raúl Castro were born, higher education centers, hospitals, facilities associated with the nickel industry and others linked to the growing tourism sector.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4133
- today: 2894
- online: 133
- total: 4938800