Tokyo, June 3 (RHC-PL)-- The Annual Assembly of the Japan-Cuba Friendship Association has demanded the lifting of the U.S.-imposed economic, commercial and financial blockade on Cuba for more than 50 years.
On the occasion of the 47th Annual Analysis Assembly in Tokyo, the president of that historic association, Mitsuhiko Tsuruta, pointed to the diverse activities carried out by the organization, especially those related to voting in favor of lifting the U.S. blockade on Cuba held at the UN in 2014.
Tsuruta also highlighted support for the struggle for the release of the five Cuban heroes, at that time still in U.S. prisons, the celebration of the most important Cuban anniversaries and other many events of solidarity.
Cuba's ambassador to Japan, Marcos Rodriguez, emphasized the constant work with good results of this solidarity group in the Asian country. He also updated the participants about the situation in Cuba, and especially the state of the restoration of relations between Havana and Washington and their most immediate steps.
Since December 17th last year, Cuba and the United States are in a process of negotiations to improve bilateral relations.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4802
- today: 575
- online: 171
- total: 6656442