Brussels, June 10 (RHC)-- European Union High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Federica Mogherini met on Tuesday in Brussels with Cuban First Vice President Miguel Diaz-Canel, who heads the island's delegation to the 2nd Summit between the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States, CELAC, and the European Union.
Diaz-Canel told reporters that he expects to see a constructive dialog that favors relations between the two blocs during the summit, which gathers representatives of 61 nations and international organizations.
The meeting between Mogherini and Diaz-Canel took pace amid ongoing negotiations between the European Union and Havana to reach an agreement for political dialog and cooperation.
Three rounds of talks have already been held and a fourth round will take place June 15th and 16th in Brussels, following the Summit between the two regional blocs.
The High European Union representative visited Cuba in March and was received by President Raul Castro.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4312
- today: 2829
- online: 135
- total: 4373154