Tokyo, June 24 (RHC) -- The Japan-Cuba Friendship Association demanded on Tuesday that U.S. President Barack Obama lift the economic blockade of Cuba.
In a letter sent to Obama, the solidarity group said that the United States should totally lift the economic, commercial and financial blockade unilaterally imposed on Cuba.
The group also stated that the territory in Guantanamo Bay that Washington illegally occupies should be returned to Cuba in accordance with the spirit of International Law.
The Japan-Cuba Friendship Association recently sent a solidarity message to the Cuban people in which its members wished success in the re-establishment of diplomatic relations with the United States and welcomed the return to Cuba of The Five.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5024
- today: 2143
- online: 195
- total: 6653208