Havana, August 3 (RHC) –- Cuban young people will pay honor to Revolution Commanders Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro during an historic tour named “From Bolivar to Marti,” August 6th to the 19th in central Cuba.
The tour will begin in the town of Bolivar, in the province of Santi Spiritus, and will end in the Matanzas municipality of Marti. The program is aimed at bringing young generations closer to Cuba's glorious chapters of history.
Youth leader Yusuam Palacions, who heads the Movimiento Juvenil Martiano, recalled that they carry out that tour every year and in 2014, they made it from Sabaneta, in eastern Guantanamo, to Miraflores, in central Ciego de Avila. The two localities were named after two Venezuelan jurisdictions and in honor of Bolivarian leader Hugo Chavez.
The initiative recalls the historic past and points to the dreams of Bolivar, Marti, Fidel, Chavez, Che and many others, said Palacios, as quoted by Juventud Rebelde newspaper.
The program includes cultural and recreational activities, as young people can either travel in trucks, on horseback, or walking. The initiative also marks the 61st birthday anniversary of Hugo Chavez, commemorated on July 28th and the 89th birthday of Fidel Castro, which will be celebrated on August 13th.
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3625
- today: 3611
- online: 126
- total: 5033882