Havana, August 3 (RHC) –- Cuban young people will pay honor to Revolution Commanders Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro during an historic tour named “From Bolivar to Marti,” August 6th to the 19th in central Cuba.
The tour will begin in the town of Bolivar, in the province of Santi Spiritus, and will end in the Matanzas municipality of Marti. The program is aimed at bringing young generations closer to Cuba's glorious chapters of history.
Youth leader Yusuam Palacions, who heads the Movimiento Juvenil Martiano, recalled that they carry out that tour every year and in 2014, they made it from Sabaneta, in eastern Guantanamo, to Miraflores, in central Ciego de Avila. The two localities were named after two Venezuelan jurisdictions and in honor of Bolivarian leader Hugo Chavez.
The initiative recalls the historic past and points to the dreams of Bolivar, Marti, Fidel, Chavez, Che and many others, said Palacios, as quoted by Juventud Rebelde newspaper.
The program includes cultural and recreational activities, as young people can either travel in trucks, on horseback, or walking. The initiative also marks the 61st birthday anniversary of Hugo Chavez, commemorated on July 28th and the 89th birthday of Fidel Castro, which will be celebrated on August 13th.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Donald Trump's Controversial Fiscal Reform
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4477
- today: 1814
- online: 163
- total: 4089014