Outstanding Personalities to Join International Conference Against Blockade in Washington, DC in September
Washington, August 31 (RHC)-- Important personalities from around the world will join the International Conference to be held in Washington, DC from September 16th to the 18th against the U.S. blockade of Cuba.
The U.S. actor and movie director Danny Glover confirmed his participation and called on the U.S. Congress to respect the will of the vast majority of Americans and lift the unjust blockade. He said the measure prevents the full, respectful and productive diplomatic relations between the two countries, making impossible a free and fruitful people-to-people relationship.
Canadian Professor John Kirk, who nominated the Cuban Internationalist Medical Program for the Nobel Peace Prize, will also participate in the conference, which includes a lecture about the U.S. blockade of Cuba: “Why Is It Wrong and What Can We Do to End It?
Canadian solidarity organizations will join the initiative and hold a march and rally on Saturday, September 19th at the U.S. Consulate in Toronto to demand an end to the blockade against Cuba.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3174
- today: 896
- online: 103
- total: 5045234