Pyongyang, September 2 (RHC) -- Diplomats from the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) and Cuba celebrated today the 55th anniversary of friendship between the two countries, as reported by the KCNA news agency.
In a ceremony in the North Korean capital, Pyonyang, the President of the Korean Committee of Solidarity with Cuba, Kim Sung Du, recalled the struggle of the Cuban Revolution and its historic leader, Fidel Castro, against U.S. imperialism.
In a message addressed to Cuban President Raul Castro, the Committee highlights his strength and perseverance for over five decades along with the Cuban people and Commander in Chief Fidel Castro.
For his part, Cuban Ambassador to the DPRK, German Hermin Ferras Alvarez, acknowledged the efforts made by Korean leader Kil Il-Sung and the determined support of Cuba during the Missile Crisis in October 1962.
He said that bilateral relations continue on the path of understanding under the presidency of Kim Jong-Un. The Cuban diplomat wished Korea a prompt reunification, the construction of a prosperous state and increased friendship with Cuba.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4569
- today: 1454
- online: 163
- total: 3850067