Tegucigalpa, September 3 (RHC)-- The Congress of Honduras has approved granting the historic leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro, with the Grand Cross Gold Plaque Order, the highest distinction granted by the Central American nation.
The Honduran newspaper La Tribuna said in its edition on Thursday that lawmakers ratified the initiative of the Freedom Party after a parliamentary committee recognized the health and education programs Cuba has supplied to the Honduran people and the historical legacy of Fidel Castro.
It was noted that this high decoration will be received on behalf of Fidel by the Cuban ambassador to Honduras, Sergio Oliva, during a ceremony in Tegucigalpa.
- Cuban president calls for sensitivity in facing damage from Hurricane Michael
- Fidel Castro: Our enemies' hatred grows as our Revolution strengthens
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Good news from Guatemala
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel says 150 years later Cuban Revolution is the same and so are its challenges
- Cuba: The Revolution that began 150 years ago lives on today
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3898
- today: 2766
- online: 141
- total: 5241198