Tegucigalpa, September 3 (RHC)-- The Congress of Honduras has approved granting the historic leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro, with the Grand Cross Gold Plaque Order, the highest distinction granted by the Central American nation.
The Honduran newspaper La Tribuna said in its edition on Thursday that lawmakers ratified the initiative of the Freedom Party after a parliamentary committee recognized the health and education programs Cuba has supplied to the Honduran people and the historical legacy of Fidel Castro.
It was noted that this high decoration will be received on behalf of Fidel by the Cuban ambassador to Honduras, Sergio Oliva, during a ceremony in Tegucigalpa.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2510
- today: 396
- online: 87
- total: 5869627