Tegucigalpa, September 3 (RHC)-- The Congress of Honduras has approved granting the historic leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro, with the Grand Cross Gold Plaque Order, the highest distinction granted by the Central American nation.
The Honduran newspaper La Tribuna said in its edition on Thursday that lawmakers ratified the initiative of the Freedom Party after a parliamentary committee recognized the health and education programs Cuba has supplied to the Honduran people and the historical legacy of Fidel Castro.
It was noted that this high decoration will be received on behalf of Fidel by the Cuban ambassador to Honduras, Sergio Oliva, during a ceremony in Tegucigalpa.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3316
- today: 1927
- online: 150
- total: 5444857