Tegucigalpa, September 3 (RHC)-- The Congress of Honduras has approved granting the historic leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro, with the Grand Cross Gold Plaque Order, the highest distinction granted by the Central American nation.
The Honduran newspaper La Tribuna said in its edition on Thursday that lawmakers ratified the initiative of the Freedom Party after a parliamentary committee recognized the health and education programs Cuba has supplied to the Honduran people and the historical legacy of Fidel Castro.
It was noted that this high decoration will be received on behalf of Fidel by the Cuban ambassador to Honduras, Sergio Oliva, during a ceremony in Tegucigalpa.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2951
- today: 1608
- online: 147
- total: 6062686