Tegucigalpa, September 3 (RHC)-- The Congress of Honduras has approved granting the historic leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro, with the Grand Cross Gold Plaque Order, the highest distinction granted by the Central American nation.
The Honduran newspaper La Tribuna said in its edition on Thursday that lawmakers ratified the initiative of the Freedom Party after a parliamentary committee recognized the health and education programs Cuba has supplied to the Honduran people and the historical legacy of Fidel Castro.
It was noted that this high decoration will be received on behalf of Fidel by the Cuban ambassador to Honduras, Sergio Oliva, during a ceremony in Tegucigalpa.
- Bruno Rodriguez: Despite threats and pressures, the US will never succeed in securing political concessions from Cuba
- NOTES ON THE REVOLUTION / Column 8
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT Sept.20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Political crisis continues in Spain
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 19
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3525
- today: 1344
- online: 115
- total: 6396170