Geneva, September 16 (RHC)-- Cuba has called for the total elimination of nuclear weapons, which are considered a threat to the survival of humanity.
In Geneva, the Cuban ambassador to international organizations in the Swiss city, Anayansi Rodríguez, condemned the existence of nuclear weapons in the context of the Conference on Disarmament which is currently in session. The conference is being held in connection with the 70th anniversary of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
The Cuban diplomat said it was unacceptable that the international community lives under the nuclear threat, despite the disarmament agreement made in 1978. And the Cuban ambassador regretted that the forum has not fulfilled a mandate to negotiate an international instrument to ensure the prohibition and total elimination of these weapons.
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Widespread International Rejection of Donald Trump's Decision on Jerusalem
- ALBA-TCP General Secretary Highlights in Havana Importance of Unity among Latin American Peoples
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part III)
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part II)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 770
- online: 209
- total: 4096725