Havana, October 16 (RHC-PL) -- The 16th Havana Theater Festival will be dedicated to famous British theater director Peter Brook and the 30th anniversary of Teatro Buendia, members of the Organizing Committee said today. Noel Bonilla Chongo, director of Development of the international festival, which will be held from October 22nd to 31st in Havana and six other provinces of Cuba, said that there will be participants from 22 countries and 37 foreign plays will be staged, as well as 13 Cuban and two joint plays.
Amid the main options of this 16th festival, Bonilla mentioned the participation of 70 ballet dancers from Monaco as part of the Montecarlo Ballet, which will stage the classic ballet Cinderella at the Avellaneda Hall in the Teatro Nacional de Cuba.
Organizers also mentioned plays as "Glory Box", by Finucane and Smith (Australia), "Gestern habe ich aufgehört, mich zu töten. Dank Dir, Heiner Müller" by the Konstanz theater (Germany), "El Bogotazo" (Colombia) and "O Cantil", by Teatro Máquina (Brasil), among others.
Some of the important figures that will participate in the festival are Cuban French Eduardo Manet, Spanish Guillermo Heras and Diana Taylor and Simon Brook (son of Peter Brook), from the United States.
Carlos Cedran, Artistic director of the Festival, said that the event will pay tribute to the 30 years of work of Cuban theater artist Flora Lauten "a woman that in the 80's changed completely the model of theater in Cuba".
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4441
- today: 4201
- online: 206
- total: 3833348