Havana, October 27 (RHC-PL) -- Cuba intends to plant during the recently started tobacco season 26,128 hectares of tobacco, which represents about 2,400 more than in 2014, said today an official source of Tabacuba. The figure also means an increase of 4,000 tons of the aromatic leaf in this season's production in relation to the previous one, Gonzalo Rodriguez, the agricultural head of the Tobacco Business Group of Cuba (Tabacuba) said.
Speaking to Prensa Latina, the director stated that in the 2016 - 2017 season they intend to plant about 29,000 hectares and reach 35,000 in 2020, when it is expected the production of about 40,000 tons of tabacco.
The campaign started as usual on October 10th, for its patriotic meaning, in the more than 20 companies in the country included in the group.
Tabacuba's mission is to satisfy the most demanding tastes of customers through the production and marketing of cigars and cigarettes, with the quality given by the best mixes of the leaf in the country, pointed out Rodriguez.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4099
- today: 2192
- online: 124
- total: 4488044