Havana, November 19 (RHC)-- The Cuban Five have expressed their solidarity with the Pan-Arabist Satellite Television Channel Al Mayadeen, in the face of ongoing political maneuvers and intense pressures to try to silence it.
A letter sent by the five anti-terrorist fighters -- Gerardo Hernández, Ramón Labañino, Antonio Guerrero, Fernando González and René González -- condemns a decision by services provider Arabsat to suspend communications satellite services to Al Mayadeen channel.
The Five, Heroes of the Republic of Cuba, also blasted continued pressures by the government of Saudi Arabia on Lebanese authorities to force Al Mayadeen to stop its broadcasts.
The Cuban Five, who suffered unjust imprisonment in the United States for fighting against actions by extremists, stressed that Al Mayadeen represents the interests and aspirations of Arab peoples and their legitimate, sovereign rights.
In the message, the Cuban Five also express their respect and admiration for staff at the channel, as well as their full confidence that their will continue with their responsible editorial and journalistic work.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4001
- today: 3405
- online: 207
- total: 4078195