Havana, January 15 (RHC)-- Cuba will be marking Science Day this Friday by making awards toleading figures in that field of knowledge.
Georgina Bonilla Pimentel, secretary general of the National Union of Sciences, said recognition will be given to those whose creative work has contributed to solving problems and addressing current priorities of Cuban society. Awards will also be presented for results that have boosted exports and have helped substitute imports.
Pimentel said that in observance of the date, researchers, producers and decision makers in various Cuban provinces met this week, focusing on the application of scientific breakthroughs.
January 15th was established as Cuban Science Day following an address by Fidel Castro before the local scientific community on January 15, 1960, in which the revolutionary leader called for Cuba’s future to be one of men and women of science.
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Brazilians demand full investigation of Marielle Franco's assassination
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3933
- today: 2560
- online: 174
- total: 4476240