Havana, January 19 (RHC)-- Ernesto Samper, General Secretary of the Union of South American Countries (UNASUR) has announced his coming to Havana to attend an international conference on Cuba's National Hero José Martí, set for January 25th through the 28th.
The event, entitled: “With All and for the Good of All” is sponsored by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organizations (UNESCO).
The conference, in the framework of activities to mark the 163rd birthday anniversary of Martí, aims to convene people of good-will from all walks of life and representing different lines of thought. There will be representatives of institutions and governments around the world who are interested in the life and work of José Martí, particularly his ideas regarding the construction of a better, equitable world.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4355
- today: 569
- online: 95
- total: 6632316