Havana, February 12 (RHC)-- Cuban President Raul Castro has met with Russian Patriarch Kirill at the Palace of the Revolution in Havana. Before his meeting with the Cuban president, the Russian Patriarch laid a wreath at the monument to José Martí in Havana and toured the José Martí Memorial.
The gathering took place just before the historic meeting between the leader of the Russian Orthodox Church and Roman Catholic Pope Francis. The two religious leaders are meeting during the Pope's stopover in Havana on his way to Mexico.
This is the fourth meeting between Cuban President Raul Castro and Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia. Patriarch Kirill arrived to Cuba on Thursday and will be here in Havana until Sunday, February 14th. After leaving Cuba, the Russian Patriarch will travel to Brazil and Uruguay.
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Donald Trump's Controversial Fiscal Reform
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4477
- today: 2945
- online: 219
- total: 4090145