Havana, February 12 (RHC)-- Cuban President Raul Castro has met with Russian Patriarch Kirill at the Palace of the Revolution in Havana. Before his meeting with the Cuban president, the Russian Patriarch laid a wreath at the monument to José Martí in Havana and toured the José Martí Memorial.
The gathering took place just before the historic meeting between the leader of the Russian Orthodox Church and Roman Catholic Pope Francis. The two religious leaders are meeting during the Pope's stopover in Havana on his way to Mexico.
This is the fourth meeting between Cuban President Raul Castro and Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia. Patriarch Kirill arrived to Cuba on Thursday and will be here in Havana until Sunday, February 14th. After leaving Cuba, the Russian Patriarch will travel to Brazil and Uruguay.
- Process of constitutional debates continues throughout Cuba
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. Scholar: Washington's policy towards Cuba throughout history has been a mistake
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Bolivia awaits for the sea
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel highlights broad public debates nationwide on draft of Cuban Constitution
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3039
- today: 1173
- online: 112
- total: 5147208