Russian Patriarch Kiril and the Cuban historical leader Fidel Castro
Havana, February 15 (RHC)-- His Holiness Kirill, Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia, paid a courtesy visit to the historic leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro.
During the visit, held on Saturday afternoon, Fidel thanked his Holiness Patriarch Kirill for his important contribution to the strengthening of friendship between the peoples of Russia and Cuba and for the spreading of the values uniting them. They spoke about topics of interest linked to the cause of the poor, the struggle against discrimination, the preservation of peace and human survival.
According to Prensa Latina news agency, Fidel and Kirill also spoke about the good state of relations between Russia and Cuba, based on deep bonds of friendship.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4312
- today: 2598
- online: 137
- total: 4372923